Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The credit crisis - companies should be giving me props for NOT using a credit card


Since we are in the midst of a global financial meltdown, don't you think we should be rethinking the way we have previously done business?

Well, it seems like even though using and abusing credit cards had a big part in the problem, no one seems to be working toward a solution.
Case in point:
I was trying to set up gas in my house and the company told me that I would have to my credit checked before they could set up an account. I rarely ever use my credit card and when I do I ALWAYS ALWAYS pay it back in full the second I get my grubby hands on the bill.

So, I agreed to the credit check and they told me that I had to put down a deposit because I didn't have enough credit!

I know, I know, there is a miriade of explanations that state why this makes sense, but my point is that in a time when abusing credit cards has become the norm, why not give me credit for not using my credit card.

I always pay my bills on time and I usually do it with my debit card, because I don't believe in living on false credit.
I think companies should give me a thumbs up for establishing responsible credit habits now instead of being a reckless 20-something who follows the examples of the present generation.
So, whatcha think, am I a crazy or does someone see my point?

No comments: